Thursday 16 March 2017

Ulrika Spacek - 'Beta Male'

GIVE ME A GUITAR

Tunes that make you wanna nut your neighbour's nana



When I first saw the name Ulrika Spacek I have to admit that I was a bit put off as I thought it sounded gimmicky. But I decided to give them a try and I'm so bloody glad I did. 
The song that brought them to my attention was 'There's A Little Passing Cloud In You'. On first hearing I was mightily impressed so I checked out their 'The Album Paranoia' which was released in February 2016 and it's a corker. They sound like a 90's Grunge band and one of the heavier ones at that.


For this post I decided to choose the song 'Beta Male' which has an amazing 2 and a half minutes intro with some of the best riffage I've heard in a long time. And a close second was 'NK' 
After a spot of googling I discovered that they are a British band and hail from Reading. They've had a few incarnations (The Enigma Project & Tripwires) which I'll try and find to have a listen to. Their second album 'Modern English Decoration'  is due out this summer and I'm gonna be on it like white on rice.

Ulrika Spacek rawk... You heard it here (probably not) first




Related Posts

Ulrika Spacek - 'Beta Male'
4/ 5
Oleh

1 comments:

comments
avatar
25 March 2017 at 19:18

This particular track has more of a early 90's 'Baggy' sound rather than the Grunge. Great intro indeed.

Reply